Friday, 27 June 2008

What Are You Reading?


What are YOU reading this summer? I went to the public library yesterday and found a book I haven't read by one of my favorite authors. I have just started a book called Mercy by Jodie Picoult. I love her books and have read most of her other books. They often have a surprise ending. I think that's what I really like. A couple of her books have even been made into movies. One of her books is a Lifetime movie this month, The Tenth Circle.
Do you have a favorite author that you are reading? One of my favorite things to do is to pick an author and read everything they've written. This is a good thing for you and one of your parents to do together. Go to the public library or to the book store and thumb through some books until you find one that really appeals to you. Then check out as many books as you can find by that author. You did that kind of author study when we read so many of Eric Carle's book in kindergarten. If the book is a little hard for you to read, then ask one of your parents to read it to you. You can understand books that you listen to at a much higher level than you can actually read. Make sure to log them on your summer reading chart (we're going to ask for it when we get back to school!) If you can't find your log sheet, just keep a list of the books that you are reading to turn in. You can put the books that you read all by yourself and also the books that are read to you on the list. All of that counts in reading! mrs. t

No comments: