Friday, 12 September 2008

Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge


We have been reading many of Mem Fox's books in class. Today we read Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge. Not only did Mrs. Timmons and Mrs. Daniels read the book to the class but then they helped the class sequence the events in the story. Your child would really enjoy hearing an oral rendition of this story at home. Make sure to check out this retelling of one of our favorite stories at http://storylineonline.net/. After you have listened to the story with your child, make sure to ask him/her about the items that we sequenced (an egg, a shell, a medal, a puppet, a football). We have been learning to put "events" in our story, just like Mem Fox. See if your child can remember some of the other books we have read by our Aussie author!

2 comments:

Melanie Holtsman said...

This book is my favorite Mem Fox story. When I read it the first time I thought about how lucky I was to have my grandmother still around to tell me her memories. There is so much we can learn from our older relatives. :)

Suzanne said...

Thank you for sharing this website. Little Brother and I listened to Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge and then listened to other stories including Polar Express. I hope they keep adding to this site because I know the students love hearing stories.